Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Day 2- mashed potatoes

Day 2- mashed potatoes

I love this recipe for many reasons. One being I can make them ahead and have them turn out as if I just made them.


Ingredients:

5 pounds potatoes, peeled & cubed

1 cup sour cream

2 (3oz) packages cream cheese, softened

3 tablespoons butter, divided

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon onion salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper


Directions:

1. Place potatoes in pot; cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender; drain well.

2. in a large mixing bowl, mash potatoes. Add sour cream, cream cheese, 2 tablespoons butter, salt, onion salt and pepper; beat until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until heat through.


Serves 8

Prep time 35 minutes

Cook time 20 minutes

Ready in 55 minutes

* I put them in when I take my turkey out. My turkey need to rest for 15-20 minutes.

* I boil and mash my potatoes the day before and have them ready to put in oven on T-day.


No comments: