Monday, November 22, 2010

WHY????

I am so puzzled by the world today.
I had a rough weekend emotionally but regrouping and back at work on Monday
I noticed someone came in to the office and I got up to greet and saw this customer that is a pain in the a$$. He always ask to see me which is fine I know that he is a pain.
W: hello, can I help you? (I think to myself push those thoughts of him being a pain and be positive)
C: Yes, is Wendy here today?
W: it's me Wendy ( I am far away so I can understand)
C: Why I did think it was you. You look so young
W: THANKS
C: well it could be because I'm getting older
W: What can I do for you (giggling because I know that is his humor)
I take care of his transaction and we get into a discussion of his family and how they are going through a tough time. I console him and tell him that I hope it works out the way it is supposed to be. I also tell him that I will think of his family ans pray for them (I never say things like that to customers because I don't share any type of religious or political views). As I stand up and tell him Happy Thanksgiving and re assure him that things will work out.
he states:
C: Don't eat too much you can't afford to put anymore weight on.
W: wow, OK, have a nice day
I was in total shock.
WHY would anyone say that.
I don't need to worry about what I eat on Thanksgiving I am not obese. Even if I was WHY does he feel he has the right to say something.
WHY do people feel they have a right to say something.
I didn't say have a better attitude don't be so negative and think that everyone is out to get you.
I came a way from this with angry but I have turned it into sympathy.
This person feels bad about his life and I would say does everyday. I have know him for several years and he always has the angry face on.
I can only say that I am not an angry person that I am a happy person and I feel bad for him.
I love myself and yes it did hurt when he told me that basically I am fat I know that I am not and I love me.

No comments: