Thursday, February 4, 2010

The love of Fudge

I still have no big ideas for cooking this weekend. It was requested by a long time friend that I whip up a batch of fudge. I had not seen Stan is such a long time one of the first things he said to me is how much he loves my fudge and that every time he hears my name he thinks of the fudge I made when he would be in town for the holidays. The way he talked about fudge and the memory of how good it tasted. I was suprised that he would even remember I had made it!!! He now lives far far away and I don't get to see him much at all. It's funny the things you remember about people and how things can bring you back to them. He did mention every time he speaks to his mother-in-law he mentions how good the fudge would taste. That never gets relayed to me.....So this weekend I plan on making a BIG batch and send it across the world so he can enjoy!

It's so funny to me that something so small would be remembered for so long. I have had many request over the years for things that people have enjoyed that I don't realize it being something extra. I enjoy cooking and it makes me so happy that something that I love to do makes people happy!!

Wendy

No comments: