Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Decorations


Christmas Decorations 2011!!!
I focus on my dining room. It's the center of my house and during the holidays the most used room. We can't put our tree in the living room (I wish every year we can) due to we heat our home with a wood stove and it gets too hot and dry to have a tree in the room for month.

Dining Room:
On my hutch in the dining room I decorate it every season/holiday. I love the look of my hutch it's country and my house is an old farm house so it fits in great. I put some pine and berry garland and a couple snow men figurines (should have taken close up picture) and one of my favorite finds... The tree in the corner!
Next to the hutch is a butter churn and I filled that with poinsettia's and greenery that looks like it has snow on it.


Next is my dining room table. I found this great wooden box and filled it with greenery and berries. I also added pine cones and metal stars and the finishing touch is my new addition of metal snow flakes.


My reindeer! This was a gift from my grandma. She made this over 40 years ago! She was a home maker and for extra money she made ALL type of wood working projects. I was so honored for her to give this to me. I will cherish this and one day pass it one to my children.


Last but NOT least the tree! This is also in the dining room. We get a real tree every year. When my Great Grandpa was a live he owned a Christmas Tree farm. I just can't bring myself to buying a fake tree. I love the excitement of searching for the right tree. Which takes me forever but not this year we pulled in and this was the first tree I saw.



Living Room:
In my living room I have several items on my coffee table and hanging from my curtain rods but this is my favorite. I love Santa items. I saw this last year and had to have it. It's not the traditional Santa and that's why I love it.

Do you have favorite decorations???

No comments: