Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oreo Pie

Oreo pie-

Ingredients:
1 pkg Oreo's (I used off brand, reduced fat)
1/4 cup melted butter
8 oz cream cheese (I used off brand, 1/3 less fat)
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
1 tub of cool whip (I used off brand, low-fat)
1/4 cup powder sugar

Directions:

Crush Oreo's ( I used my small food processor). Set aside 1/2 cup for the topping of the pie. Melt butter and add to the remaining Oreo's. Mix and pour into 9 inch pie plate. Pat down Oreo's to form a crust. Beat cream cheese for 2 minutes on high speed. Add powder sugar & 1/4 of the tub of cool whip. Start mixer on a low speed, then beat on med-high for 1-2 minutes. Pour the mixture onto the crust. Make pudding according to directions (I always use 1/4 cup less of milk. It helps make the pudding stiffer). once the pudding has set up pour over cream mix. Take the remaining cool-whip and spread on top and sprinkle with the 1/2 cup of oreo's.
I didn't have a recipe to work with so I made my own. I bought it into work for a going away party for the intern. It was a big success!!

**I made a mini pie for the HB so he could enjoy as well***

No comments: