Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I'm Retired!!!!!!!

I am 31 year old and I retired on July 23,2011!!! I have made the decision that I am no longer making wedding cakes. It has been a long time coming and I did a cake for Saturday when it was 95 degrees and NO air conditioning in the hall. I was SO nervous that the cake wouldn't hold up. I was so relieved that it did.

As I look back on my career of baking I think it's best for me at this time in my life to put this portion on hold. I enjoy it but it is stressful and I don't do it all the time but that makes it harder because I don't have all the equipment and supplies. So I only buy what I need and it's not cost effective. I'm sure if something out of the blue comes up I will help in referring to a great baker or take it on.

It feels so good to say I'm retired!!!

No comments: