Monday, January 18, 2010

Cherry Bread

Cherry Nut Bread* 1 cup of sugar, 1 1/2 cups four, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 eggs(beaten), 1-8 oz jar maraschino cherries(chopped) with juice, 1 cup nuts

Preheat oven to 350. Combine sugar, flour, baking powder in bowl. Add eggs, cherries with syrup and walnuts. Mix well; spread batter in greased loaf pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes. *this bread freezes well*




Cherry bread, my grandma made this bread at Christmas this year and it was great! I have never had it and I am so glad she brought it out for Carl and I to try. I have been waiting since Christmas to make this. I made sometime Friday afternoon and it was so easy! Now the recipe doesn't call for chopping the cherries but on a recommendation from grandma I chopped them!








I think this would be a great valentines day bread. It is nice and pink!


















Bake it for 40-50 minutes until golden brown.




Slice and enjoy. Look at all the CHERRIES!!
Thanks grandma! This is an easy and delicious recipe!!




No comments: