Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Adventure

I am starting this new adventure to share my joy of cooking. I cook a lot but I wanted to bring the fun and excitement of cooking to more then just me. I love flipping through cookbooks, magazine and articles searching new ideas.

I wanted to share how my love of the kitchen started. My dad made cooking a huge part of my life. He had my sister and I plan a big Sunday meal from appetizers to desert. My sister and I would rotated Sunday's. On the Sunday's we didn't cook we planned and searched in cookbooks (I could read a cookbook all day everyday) made a menu then reviewed it with dad. He always made sure we had everything we need. We would then all sit down for the meal and review it. To see if anything need to be adjusted. If he liked it he would say "I think you need to try this again" still to this day I know when he says that it means he likes it. I am very grateful he gave me the experience of cooking. It always gives me pleasure when I cook. I enjoy analyzing my food thinking what would make this better, what can I do to enhance it or this was the way it should be.

I have an average size kitchen. It works for me don't get me wrong if a state of the art kitchen was offered I would take it. My one wish/goal is to have my kitchen more opened. I would love to be able to entertain in my kitchen. When we have people over I would like to be able to gather around my stove while I cook so I can be involved. We did add a table in the kitchen so people can sit and talk while we cook. Here are some pictures of my kitchen. These were taken right after we painted and put the new floor down. The new floor makes the kitchen brighter.



This is my work area. I do like the way my kitchen is set up. Everything in reach.

Here is the sitting area. It's cozy for guest.


I also got a new oven for Christmas!!! Yippee!! My old oven had a date of 1981! It did it's job. I have an electric stove which has taken some getting used it. I grew up on a gas stove. Electric is a totally different ball park. I have adjusted after 8+ years. Now I have to adjust to the new stove. It cooks SO much faster. I also got the flat top it is easy to clean and I haven't had any issue with it. (I will post pictures later)

My goal is to post one recipe a week with pictures. Leave comments and ideas!


This weekend I am planning to make cherry bread (thanks grandma) and a new recipe will be Buffalo Chicken soup!! I saw this recipe and thought it would be great for the cold streak we are going through in NY!!!

Wendy

No comments: