Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chick on the Barbie- Hungry Girl


I was emailed this recipe and though it look so good!

Chick on the Barbie!
We've got a single-serve BBQ chicken pizza that is SO rockin' it hurts.

Ingredients:
1 stick light string cheese
3 oz. cooked boneless skinless lean chicken breast, chopped
2 tbsp. your favorite BBQ sauce with about 45 calories per 2-tbsp. serving, divided
1 high-fiber or whole-wheat pita1 1/2 tbsp.
finely chopped red onion
1 tsp. chopped cilantro

Directions:Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Break string cheese into thirds, and place in a food processor or blender -- blend at high speed until cheese takes on a shredded or grated consistency. (Or just tear string cheese into pieces and roughly chop.) Set aside.In a small dish, toss chopped chicken with 1 tbsp. BBQ sauce. Set aside.Place pita on a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick spray. Spread remaining 1 tbsp. BBQ sauce onto the exposed side of the pita, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge.Sprinkle evenly with shredded/grated cheese. Scatter saucy chicken over the layer of cheese, and then sprinkle with onion.Bake in the oven for 10 - 12 minutes, until pizza is hot. Top with cilantro, slice into quarters, and enjoy. YUMMMM!MAKES 1 SERVING
Serving Size: 1 pizza (entire recipe)
Calories: 340Fat: 5g Sodium: 925mg Carbs: 39g Fiber: 6g Sugars: 10g Protein: 36.5g
POINTS® value 6*

I think I am going to make some adjustment. I don't know if I would like the pita for the crust. I am going to do some research on whole wheat crust.
I plan on making this for Friday night I will keep you posted on how it turns out. I will also try to post some pics!!


I made this pizza Saturday night. I made some changes. I made one big pizza and used homemade crust. I only had 2 small pieces and they were GREAT! It was a nice change from a tomato based pizza. Next time I think I will put some pineapple on it!!!

No comments: