Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter

Easter is this Sunday and I can't wait. I love Easter for many reasons but most of all my parents come over for the afternoon and we spend good times together. I have already planned out my Easter meal and have purchased everything (pat on my back for being planned)!!!!!

Menu::

*Ham with pineapple slices and cherries in the middle
*Orzo & Broccoli Salad (I found orzo this time so my recipe posted earlier will be right)
*Sweet potatoes- I just slices and baked with some dried cranberries (i always use butter this year I am going to try it with out)
*Deviled eggs (what's Easter with out eggs)
*Cherry bread
*peach and blueberry cobbler (recipe below it's SO0000OOOO easy! my friend Mickey made this with mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries and blackberries) and it was amazing! I thought I would change it up and use peaches and blueberries.

Peaches and Blueberry Cobbler:

Ingredients:
1 bag of frozen peaches (keep frozen don't defrost)
1/2 bag of frozen blueberries (keep frozen don't defrost)
1 yellow cake mix
1 can of diet soda (doesn't have to be diet)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 425. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with PAM. Fill pan with frozen fruit (you can use any type of fruit and any amount depending how thick you want the fruit to be on the bottom) sprinkle the dry cake mix on top of the fruit pour the can of soda over the top (evenly). Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes. take the foil off cobbler and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until brown!!!

How easy it that!!!!!!!! The taste is great!

No comments: