Thursday, April 8, 2010

Beef, Blue Cheese & Spinach Quesadillas

Though not traditional, the combination of blue cheese and spicy beef adds a fabulous flavor to these quesadillas!!!

Servings: 8
Prep time: 12 minutes
Cook time: 16 Minutes

Ingredients:

1/3 cup cooked lean ground beef
2 TBSP toca sauce
4 large burrito-size wheat flour tortilla
4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Directions:

In a small bowl, stir together beef and taco sauce.

Lay two tortillas on a flat surface and divide beef mixture between them. Sprinkle each tortilla with half the cheese, spinach and red pepper flakes; top each with a remaining tortilla.

Set a large, heavy nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Place one quesadilla in skillet and cook until brown spots form on the bottom of tortilla, about 3-4 minutes; flip and cook until brown spots again, about 3-4 minutes. Remove quesadilla to a large cutting board and cover to keep warm; repeat with remaining quesadilla.

Cut each quesadilla into 8 wedges ans serve. Yields 2 wedges per serving.

If following Weight Watchers= 2 pts!!!
We both enjoyed the quesadilla's. I made them for lunch on Saturday I did make some changes. I only made one and split it with Carl. I used all the meat for one and only 1/2 of the blue cheese. Carl thought it would be great with chicken, franks red hot and blue cheese!! What a great idea! I think we will try that later this week. I was worried about the whole wheat tortilla but you couldn't notice!



***So you know me not a BLOG expert (yet) I had great pictures.... I deleted them on my computer before I posted them!!!! Silly me***

No comments: